Brought to you by Klezmer Maudlin PC

Can my workers’ compensation pay be garnished by a collector?


Your workers’ compensation pay cannot be garnished by a collector or an attorney representing the interests of another party. However, once you return to work, even if you are still receiving medical treatment from the workers’ compensation doctor, your wages can be garnished.

Also, deductions cannot be taken out of your paycheck for workers’ compensation insurance. If this happens, the employee should contact the Employment Standards Division at (317) 232-2655.


Comments are closed.