Brought to you by Klezmer Maudlin PC

“Is my employer obligated to pay expenses associated with travel, food and lodging for authorized medical treatment involved in my Worker’s Compensation claim?”


The short answer is yes.  The employer is obligated to pay reasonable expenses associated with travel, food, and lodging for treatment that occurs outside the county of employment.  The current mileage rate is $.44 per mile.  Also, if traveling to and attending a medical appointment for a work-relate injury causes a loss of work time, the employer is obligated to reimburse the employee based on the average daily wages. 

If you are traveling outside of your county of employment and not receiving mileage reimbursement, or if you are losing time from work traveling to and attending a medical appointment and not being reimbursed for the lost time, please feel free to contact us.  



Comments are closed.